Thursday, January 3, 2008

What 2008 brings...

For those of your who did not know, I have been toying with the idea of doing traveling nursing for a few months now. I have never really traveled much throughout my life and I feel like if I don't know it now I never will! I hate to leave my current job because I have made some great friends and I LOVE what i do, but there is a whole world out there that I have not been able to experience! I'm very excited to tell you all that I have been offered my first assignment! The assignment starts January 21st (but I will be moving Jan 18th), it is 13 weeks long and I will be working at the Inova Mt. Vernon Hospital in Alexandria, VA. There are a ton of perks to traveling, one of which is that I will have my own fully-furnished apartment (so any visitors would be welcome!). It is only 10 minutes to D.C. (which is really cool because I've never been to D.C.) but is a decent size city itself as well. Mimi knows a guy who used to live near Alexandria and he said it is a really nice area. I was a little nervous at first about going to a new city, especially one like Washington D.C along, but that problem was resolved because Shawn will be coming with me! Now I'll have company for the drive and someone to galivant around D.C. with! Every 4 months or so I will have the option of changing to a new city for a new assignment so if anyone has suggestions on where I shoud go, let me know!


So, this new development in my life has prompted me to join the world of blogging. I will be using this blog to keep everyone updated about what I've been up to. I will try to update it weekly with pictures and such.


The first event of the year was New Years 2008. Some of my best friends came to Muncie to visit and we had a blast!
Theresa, Al and Shawn came to visit and Edward hung out with us as well. Plus...Shannon and Brad hung out with us at the house before we went out too! It was a great time. I'm not gonna lie, 2008 has been pretty awesome so far :)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds awesome, Lisa! Good luck! I think that this will be a wonderful, unforgetable experience for you. Maybe you can make it to Chicago and work at the same hospital as Lisa someday (UIC).
-Laura Garrity (Poremba)

Anonymous said...

Good luck, kiddo! I am glad that you are getting out and exploring the world outside of Funcie. You have so much talent and ability that I am sure you will be a great success. Maybe you will get to go to a Spanish speaking country. Buena suerte!
-Lawrence

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for your next entry. I stopped by post partum today to tell a couple people about your blog. Good Luck to you and let me know how the travel is. My kids are too young for me to do just yet. --Lori White

Anonymous said...

hey! hope things are going great! they have different colored keystone cans out there as well? Andrew said that they do out in cali...WOW you and andrew are on complete opposite sides of the country...crazy keep an eye out for the keystone cans...you will have to send me a pic if you see them! lol stay smooth