Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Back to a normal life...

It seems as though life is finally gettin back to normal :) Finally! Shawn and I are moved in a settled into our new apartment. We are still waiting on the second half of the sectional (Niko will probably bring it over this weekend) and we need a desk still, but otherwise we are getting things in place. Our apartment has a workout facility that is really nice. I have officially started my diet today by working out this morning. Yay for me! I took a walk down Lake St in Oak Park this afternoon and took some pictures of a few of the churches on our street. There are a ton of churches around here and they are all really beautiful. There is a lot of really interesting architecture as well because this is the hometown of Frank Lloyd Wright. I took some pictures of our apartment as well. The view from the roof is amazing too!

Shawn is back to work and he loves it! He is working a few days a week at the Oak Park store, which is great because he can walk to work, and a couple of days a week at the store in Bloomingdale. That store is about 20-25 minutes away, but it is a lot bigger and has video cameras as well as regular cameras, so he should be able to make bigger commissions, especially around the holidays! The people he works with are glad he's back and that makes us very happy! We are planning to go to a Halloween party this weekend that one of his co-workers is having. I have good news too about work. I got a full-time staff position at Mount Sinai Hospital in Chicago. I will be working in the NICU and I am SO EXCITED! Besides the fact that I am SO ready to go back to work, and I really happy that I'll be working with the tiny babies again! I love the babies and I know I will be enjoying my job! I don't get to start working for another couple of weeks, but I will survive! I've managed this long! Wish me luck!

No comments: