Thursday, August 21, 2008

Things I LOVE!

I've had a little bit more free time this summer than usual (I wonder why...geez!) and so I've been able to spend an almost obscene amount of time doing things that I really like to do. I've decided to share some of the things I've been doing this summer that I love and some of the things that I would love to have been doing this summer.

FAVORITE things this summer!
#1 : MarioKart Wii
For anyone who has never played a Wii...you are missing out seriously! My wonderful little brother was kind enough to allow Shawn and I to borrow his Wii this summer since I'm stuck at home. Early in the summer when I still had my cast on my arm, MarioKart was the only game I could play, and not well. Once the cast was off I was able to play MarioKart like it is intended to be played as well as Guitar Hero and Rockband. Let me just say this...I will KICK YOUR ASS at MarioKart so don't challenge me unless you are prepared for the heat!! haha!
#2 : The Library
I have always liked having a library card...it is something I've always had since I was a kid. Mom always used to take us to the library and I still remember how cool the library was that we used to go to in Brandon, FL when I was in elementary school. Shawn has never been much of a library guy, but I have managed to show him the greatness that is a library. One of my favorite things to do is read...I do love to own books, but the library is a great resource for all the books I want to read but don't think I'll ever read again. I have made good use this summer of the books in the library, as well as the CD's, DVD's, and books on CD. Shawn never realized that you can get graphic novels at the library, plus he is super excited to be able to get movies and tv shows to watch!
#3 : The Olympics
Michael Phelps. Enough said!
Well...gymnastics was pretty cool too but the new judging sucks! Don't even get me started on the scoring system! That is a whole blog of its own!


WORST things this summer!
#1: Not working
I absolutely love being a nurse and not being able to do that these last few months is driving me insane! I miss taking care of my patients and making a difference in their lives. I miss feeling like I am serving a purpose each day. I have felt so useless all summer and I'm tired of it! I'm SO ready to go back to work...now if only I physically felt ready to go back to work and the doctor would give me permission! Also...not working means having no money and as someone who works in healthcare you'd think I would've known how much hospital and doctor visits cost! I had NO IDEA! It is insane the amount of money they charge. I get if that's what it takes to be still walking and talking today, but geez!
#2 : No swimming
Last summer Shawn and I spent a ridiculous amount of time at the pool and it was awesome! It was the only summer I can ever remember having a nice tan and not sporadic burns! This summer has been no swimming for me :( We even got to go to the lake with Andrew's family and I had to watch everyone else ride the wave runner and go tubing and swimming. I was glad to at least have been part of it, but it still would've been nice to have been able to swim some this sumemr.
#3 : No activity
Not having to work would typically allow for some time for outside activities, like bike riding. Shawn loves to ride his bike and I have never really had time to go along, now that I have time and would like to have been able to ride on the greenway with him, I can't! I can't even go walk outside by myself because I can't turn my head to look before crossing the street. I can't do even non-cardio workout videos! I never realized how much exercise I got from working until I was forced to sit on my ass for 2 months straight! Lets just say, I hope my scrubs fit when I go back to work!


So...when I go back to the doctor in a few weeks hopefully I will get good news about the healing of my neck and will be able to start doing more of the things I love again (but I'm not giving up MarioKart! Eric is gonn have to fight me for his Wii back!)

No comments: