Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Another update...

I went to the neurosurgeon today for a checkup. So far no changes from the original plan. I have another 4 weeks with the neck brace then I go back for a lot more Xrays without my neck brace. At that point we will have some more information about what will be happening with my rehab. I may not need physical therapy, but it'll probably be another month after I get the neck brace off before I will be ready to go back to work. I'm going stir crazy!!


I decided that in my time off now I am going to learn how to play the guitar! Eric is gonna let me use his acoustic guitar and I'm gonna teach myself with a little help from Eric. Anyway, the guitar lessons will help give me something to do besides just read and watch tv all the time. I have basically dominated MarioKart Wii now, so that isn't as time consuming for me. I am rated overall two stars and I have unlocked everything I can (I think) so now I just play live against people all over the world. That is fun, but the guitar will be sweet! I'm pretty excited to learn to play. It is a good thing I'll be around here for another couple of months too because Eric is going to be doing high schoo algebra this year so he will have a live in tutor for awhile :) Shawn is working now, so that is good for him. I'm sure in this house full of people he could use a break from my family! Sara will be moving into the dorms at Ball State in a couple of weeks, so that is pretty exciting for her. Also, Grandma and Grandpa Manning are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary next weekend! That is really exciting for them. 50 years...WOW! I will try to take some pictures and post those after the party.


At the end of July Andrew was in town for a visit from California! The JLP was reunited for the weekend. Andrew's parents own a lakehouse up north of Ft. Wayne. We spend the weekend their. Everyone (except me) went tubing and on the wave runner. It was fun to watch them all though! We all got too much sun but we had a blast all being together. We tried to convince Andrew to move back home, but he is staying out in LA :( He came down to Muncie to hang out with Shawn and I one more time before he went back to LA. We miss him! Theresa had her graduation from Ball State last month. She actually finished last year but she needed to finish her exam to get her teachers license before she could officially graduate, so she has finally walked the graduation ceremony now. Last weekend Theresa moved to Indianapolis because she is starting her teaching job next week in Lebanon. Shawn helped her Dad and brother with the big stuff in the move and helped her get some stuff organized in the house. We're gonna try to go see her again this weekend before she starts teaching. Good Luck Theresa!

No comments: