Thursday, February 7, 2013

Best Dog Ever!

My sweet Marcie has been so patient these last few months as I prepared for the arrival of little Nora.  She totally knew something was coming, but I don't know if she was exactly prepared for another little person to arrive.  Especially since I would have to start dividing my attention...although she did know that I was distracted already.  The last 6 weeks of the pregnancy she decided she would start acting out around the house.  Getting into the trash was her favorite thing, but she also started getting into stuff she never had gone near before.  She got my sunglasses out of my purse and destroyed them.  She got a box of cookies off the high counter in the kitchen and ate them all.  Girl Scout cookies.  Bad dog.  I am sure it was all related to the imminent arrival of Nora, so I was hoping all would be better when she came.  Luckily she won't have to be alone much for the next few months since I'll be home on maternity leave.

So Nora's here now and Marcie has been great with her so far!  She likes to give her kisses but is not really sure about Nora's tummy time yet.  During tummy time when Nora's little legs get kicking Marcie gets kind of weirded out :)  She stays right there though and watches her.  She has been using the bed I made for the nursery and lays in there with me during the night when Nora and I are awake.  I think Marcie has adjusted great to our new bundle of joy and they are gonna be great friends!!

Since I had Shawn take Marcie to get her nails cut today, I decided we would go for a walk and Marcie, of course, was totally pooped out when we got home (but she totally loved it!).  She decided to take her nap in Logan's tent, which she hasn't done it awhile.  I got a couple of cute pictures I wanted to share.

My beautiful Marcie Moo!


Here are some random pictures of the other loves in my life too.  Nora hasn't taken over everything yet :)

Look at that face...he's getting ready to start some trouble making!

My baby brother snuggling with Marcie.  I can't believe he's gonna be in college soon...

Logan decided that laying on Abuelita's back would be the most comfortable spot?

1 comment:

Rachel C said...

Marcie really is the cutest dog. I love black and tans, so expressive! And I also can't believe Eric's so old!