Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Cookies and Hallmark

The annual cookie tree turned out beautiful...and delicious...as usual!

Ingredients ready!  That box of cookie mix from Costco was one of the best purchases ever!!

The pregnant holiday chef...ready to go :)

Rolling and cutting out the cookies.  The cookie tree kit we use now we got 2 years ago from Crate & Barrel.  It is awesome!  We had an older one, but when I found this one I had to have it!

Ready for assembly.  Now is when Eric helps :)  Mostly so he can beg for cookies though!

The finished product!  Santa always enjoys his tree :)

Shawn and I were friends before we became a couple, but once we were a couple I started buying Hallmark Christmas ornaments each year.  I thought it would be a nice tradition to start and each year that something significant happened in our relationship I would try to find an ornament that "fit."  As I was putting up our ornament for this year on the tree, I realized that it would be nice to share our ornament journey.  So here it is:

2008: Our First Christmas Together

2009

2010

2011

2012:  New Home

Next year we'll start a yearly tradition for Nora too!  So excited to buy a Baby's First Christmas ornament!  Plus we are heading out for some after Christmas deals today and I will hopefully find Nora's first stocking too :)

No comments: