Monday, June 25, 2012

A Body? What?

Yesterday morning I woke up, got ready for work, took Marcie out then started my drive.  All this before 6am.  As I turned out of my apartment complex, I noticed a police car with the lights on at the next street just sitting there.  I slowed down because I wasn't sure if he was waiting to turn or whatever.  He just sat there so I drove on.  At the next intersection there is a stop sign.  There were 2 police cars blocking the insection, stopping all cars coming in or going out.  Our apartment complex is in a housing community called Travis Country.  It's a really nice, pretty expensive community.  I waited my turn (which took like 10 minutes!) and the police officer asked me where I was headed this morning.  As I was sitting in my car with a lunchbox and large bag of nursing supplies, plus wearing my scrubs, I probably looked a little irritated by the question, but I said, "work."  She and the other police officer that were with her commented that a lot of people passing by were headed to hospitals.  I commented that there isn't really anywhere else people go so freaking early on Sunday!  Anyway...there proceeded to ask for my ID and take down my name, address and phone number.  Then they asked if I had seen or heard anything suspicious this morning.  I said no and was on my way.  Weird right?

So after I go to work (late of course) I looked it up on the news...apparently overnight a security guard had noticed something suspicous and called the police.  The police came and around 4:30am found a body in a park in Travis Country!!  Yikes!  They haven't said yet what happen or it they think it is murder, but they weren't letting anyone in or out all morning that didn't live in the community.  Crazy, right?  Austin a pretty safe place and for this to happen so close to our apartment is kinda freaky.  Shawn said that when he left for work close to 10am, there were still a ton of cops and a helicopter too!

When I got home I found the story on the news website.



No comments: