Thursday, March 29, 2012

A visit with some precious babies :)

Anyone who knows me knows how attached I can get to my babies at work.  Especially babies that spend a long time in our NICU.  The ones we are closest to, especially if we get to be friends with the parents, we keep in touch with and it is wonderful!  I love being able to watch how a baby that started so small and at such a disadvantage can do so well, partly due to all the things we do for them!

Recently, I have been able to catch up with two NICU graduate families!  These two moms were not just my sweet baby's moms...they truly became my friends and I miss being able to talk to them at work!  This past week was the 1st birthday of my favorite twins!  

Alyssa & Brooke
Brooke in on the left of the pic, Alyssa is on the right.

I missed their birthday party (I had to work) but their mother invited me over another day for a visit.  It is so great to see how big they are and how they are developing!  They are doing so many things!  Crawling like crazy and starting to walk holding on to things.  I love it!  Alyssa has the most beautiful smile and Brooke was so social and friendly!  She loved playing with my necklace.  I can't wait for another visit!

Here are a few of Alyssa...I tried to get a smile up close, but she's too fast for the shutter on my phone!

Now for Brooke's turn with the paparazzi!

I did not take any pictures at my other visit...boo!  But mom took one and I will have to see if she will text it to me (So Bree...if you're reading this please text me the picture of Lila and me!).  Lila is a more recent NICU graduate but I am confident that her mommy and I will stay good friends so surely I will be able to watch her grow!

Late addition to blog: Bree came through and emailed me this picture today!!  Thanks!

Next post:  Recipe for cheesecake squares :)

No comments: