Monday, August 2, 2010

Gettings Settled

There are several things I have learned during the move to Texas...

* I HATE MOVING

Well...I guess that is the main thing I learned during this move.  I really, really hate moving!  I did learn a few other things too, though.

* Truck stops are a completely different experience when you are driving a large diesel truck.
* Hiring movers to load/unload (as opposed to full-service movers) is still a lot of work!
* Moving is HELLA expensive.
* I love living near my sister and my nephew!  LOVE IT!  So I guess that is what is really important!

I have also started working.  Today was my first early morning (too early!) but I made it through.  I did my first day of work in the Nursery (instead of the NICU) and it was actually really fun!  I was busy, but everyone was so nice and helpful!  I know I am really going to like my new job.

Dave & Grandma Manning are visiting now.  They arrived yesterday and we have dinner at Mimi's so they could meet Logan.  They loved him, of course!

No comments: