Thursday, April 17, 2008

End of Chapter 1

So comes the end of my first travel assignment and 3 months of my life. Things have turned out much differently than I expected, some good and some bad, but I'm ready for the next journey to begin. I started this adventure by traveling to a place I'd never been to work at a hospital I knew nothing about in an area of nursing that I hadn't worked in for some time with a great friend. Now I've found that I would never want to live in Washington D.C. (but it is an awesome place to visit), I hated the hospital and I really miss working with the babies, but I made some really wonderful friends and my great friend turned out to be someone I hope to spend my life with. So, now we are heading home for a week before starting a journey together to Chicago. Shawn has a couple job interviews lined up this week and so hopefully we'll be staying in Chicago for awhile. It has certainly be a wild ride but I have loved it!

This past week we got a couple final touristy things in by going to Mount Vernon (something Shawn really wanted to do) and we went to see the Washington National Cathedral (something I really wanted to do). Unfortunately, the Cathedral was closed but we got to at least see the outside and the last night chapel. Plus, on our walk back to the Metro we ran into a road block set up for the Pope, who happened to be in town. We didn't actually see the Pope, but there were cops everywhere and road blocks. Plus, there were like a thousand people (I really have no idea how many people, but it was a lot!) and they were from all over the world with signs in other languages for the Pope and singing songs and dancing in honor of the Pope. It was really a neat experience, even though we didn't go to the Papal Mass or actually see the Pope. It was still cool. Anyway, here are some pictures from this week.






We're heading out of here in the morning. Our schedule for the week is Kokomo area with Shawn's family for Friday & Saturday then to Muncie around lunchtime on Sunday - Thursday afternoon sometime. I gotta pack and move out of the Mann House (the actual move will probably be Wednesday afternoon sometime if anyone wants to help...I pay for service with a meal and beer - if you're old enough. Then Thursday evening we'll head back to Kokomo until we leave either Friday or Saturday for Chicago...with a stop off in South Bend on to way so I can see my bestest, Theresa!!!

I SURVIVIED INOVA MOUNT VERNON HOSPITAL IMCU!!

No comments: